Author Topic: Fishing in Menai Bridge  (Read 587 times)

Doctor Dutch Pete

Fishing in Menai Bridge
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »
Hey everyone,

I just landed a job working for the university in the labs at Menai Bridge and will be moving over there at the end of this month. One fo my first stops will be the local tackle shop for some advice but can anyone give me a heads up on some good local fishing spots? Ideally somewhere I can get to within a few minutes of finishing work. What's it like fishing under the bridge? Is that allowed? I've heard the bass fishing in the straits can be quite good...are people usually spinning for them or do they take static baits off the bottom also? Any other species that make a regular appearance in the straits?

Any info would be very much appreciated!

Tight lines!

Pete

speedmaster2

Fishing in Menai Bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »
if you pop into gareths shop in menai bridge he will give you advice on where to fish around menai bridge/straits area. :)

Chiefbeef

Fishing in Menai Bridge
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 01:31:16 PM »
there are loads of marks along the straits, some you can fish from your car!!  Best thing to do is call in at the shop, i could show you a few if you want but i'm not very succesfull on the straits :(

billy the plug

Fishing in Menai Bridge
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 01:54:47 PM »
Hi Pete, :)

You have got to give Gareth a visit for the best advise or take up the offer of the local lads to show you the marks.

PS you jammy sod getting a job on the menai :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Doctor Dutch Pete

Fishing in Menai Bridge
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 04:50:50 PM »
Thanks guys.......have some stuff to sort out duing my first week there (including a 2 day return visit to The Netherlands) but first chance I get I'll pop into Gareths shop. I'm thinking of picking up a cheap rod anyway as most of my stuff (including my fishing gear) won't arrive until my girlfriend does at the end of July and there's no way I'll last that long without casting a line. Will certainly take some of you guys up on the offer of sowing me some marks once I'm over there.

Thanks for the friendly welcome!!!!!!

Offline JEFF

Fishing in Menai Bridge
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 06:41:36 PM »
Good hunting Pete, some good fishing spots in your area, give Tozer a PM its his neck of the woods Im sure he will help you. :)  :)  :)